icon-search
  • B574ACC9-4778-45FD-A067-8830F3FA0CEC
  • 93A2C344-422B-4CEB-A7C0-F3CB64C1DF81
  • 18_mYak_Yarns_Baby Yak_Lace_Oatmeal_01
  • 17_mYak_Skein_Desert_lace 01
  • 02_mYak_Skein_Chocolate_lace
  • 01_mYak_Yarns_Baby Yak_Lace_Black
  • 22_mYak_Skein_BRICK DUST_lace
  • 19_mYak_Skein_Dusty Pink_lace
  • 21_mYak_Skein_HEALING BLUE_lace
  • 05_mYak_Skein_Lazy Day_lace
  • 06_mYak_Skein_Midnight Blue_lace
  • 07_mYak_Skein_Moss_lace
  • 15_mYak_Skein_Mustard_lace
  • 14_mYak_Yarns_Baby Yak_Lace_Shine
  • 10_mYak_Yarns_Baby Yak_Lace_Tibetan Sky
  • 28_mYak_Skein_Toffee_Lace
  • 11_mYak_Skein_Urban Nature_lace
  • 70377810
  • 34_mYak_Skein_Appletini_Lace

【mYak】Baby Yak Lace

NT$ 840.00
- +
icon-bag Add to cart
Home

|Baby Yak Lace

mYak follows the traditional nomadic pattern of Tibetan herders in raising yaks, hand-combing to collect yak fibers that begin to shed naturally after winter, and especially combing the short hairs to retain the longer parts, which are almost as fine as cashmere (about 17 microns).

Adhere to no bleaching, no decolorization, according to the natural background color of yak wool (chocolate, oatmeal and desert) classification and then dyeing, so that the filaments still retain the hue of natural fibers, so please prepare the required amount at one time to avoid possible color differences in different batches.

In addition, yak hair is a staple fiber, although it has been combed and retained longer fibers into wire, but still do not use excessive force to weave, so as not to tear the thread.

  • Wire Composition: 100% Yak (about 17 microns).
  • Weight per ball / Wire length: 50g/350m
  • Wire thickness: Lace
  • Recommended needle size (rod needle) : 1.5-3.25 mm
  • Natural primary colors: Chocolate, Desert, Oatmeal
  • Each twist is based on the length of the wire, so there will be a slight error in weight.
  • CLEANING METHOD: WATER TEMPERATURE BELOW 30 DEGREES C, HAND WASH AND DRY FLAT (DO NOT MACHINE WASH)

[Recommended weaving - all are weaving original wires

Machi Sweater (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/machi)

93A2C344-422B-4CEB-A7C0-F3CB64C1DF81

Wire: Baby Yak Lace, 2-strand weave

Designer colour: Mustard

Dosage:

  • Size 1,7 strand
  • Size 2,8 strands
  • Size 3,9 strand

Quan (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/quon)

6ACE6D87-EE70-4FCA-A2CA-2B4A91237B0E


Wire: Baby Yak Lace

Dosage & Designer Color:

  • Style A: Full Baby Yak Lace
    MC color: Canyon, Size 1~2, 1 twist, Size 3~7, 2 twist
    CC color: Midnight blue, Size 1~2, 1 twist, Size 3~7, 2 twist
  • Style B (photograph): The Baby Yak Lace is MC and CC is Silk Hair
    MC color: Mustard, Size 1~2, 1 twist, Size 3~7, 2 twist

Dawa (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dawa-2)

6D4F8CD7-FB7F-4B22-82A8-D3169C95F026

Wire: Baby Yak Lace, pull 2 strands or Tibetan Cloud, pull 1 strand weave

Designer's colour: Oatmeal

Dosage: Baby Yak Lace, pull 2 strands

  • Size 1,3 strand           
  • Size 2~3,4 strands           
  • Size 4~6,5 strands 
  • Size 7~8,6 strands

Smilga (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/smilga)

7EE8713B-C920-46D6-B6AC-40652BAA1370

Wire: Baby Yak Lace, 2-strand weave

Dosage and designer color: a total of 7 twists

  • MC: Desert, 5 twists
  • CC1: Tibetan Sky, 1 strand
  • CC2: Mustard, 1 strand

Fjolla (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fjolla)

2170ADCD-7A1C-4DE3-92B5-A806747B217D

Wire: Baby Yak Lace, 2-strand weave

Designer's colour: Oatmeal

Dosage:

  • Size 1,5 strand           
  • Size 2~3,6 strands           
  • Size 4~5,7 strands 
  • Size 6,8 strands 
  • Size 7~8,9 strand
  • Size 9,10 strand 

【Brand Story】

mYak from Italy is a beautiful story of an Italian veterinarian who has worked and lived with Tibetans on the Qingkang Tibetan Plateau for many years.

Andrea, a former veterinarian, was treating a sick baby yak a few years ago when she discovered that the inner coat of this unique and beautiful creature is so fine and soft!

In order to introduce this special breed to the world, he and his partner Paola have teamed up with local herders to create cooperatives that follow the traditional nomadic herding patterns of Tibetan herders to raise yaks and Tibetan sheep, establish a sustainable production chain of mYak wire, and make hand-woven yarn from precious yak and Tibetan sheep fibers with the help of the strong foundation of the Italian textile industry.

In order not to destroy the fragile plateau grassland ecology, they follow the traditional and ancient herding methods of nomads to raise yaks and Tibetan sheep, and insist on hand-combing the way to collect the fibers of yak and Tibetan sheep that begin to naturally dehaire after winter, and then clean them by hand, while separating the coarser hair from the fine plush at the bottom.

In this process, only about 30% of the yak plush can be used to make mYak wire, and the remaining 70% is used by Tibetans to make warm household needs such as tents or mattresses.